56. Of this dynasty the earliest record in the collection is No. 233, which
comes from Gaṅgavaram in the Cuddapah district and belongs to Gaṇapatidēva. This inscription dated in Śaka 1179, Piṅgala, corresponding to A. D. 1257,
calls the king ‘a worshipper of Svayambhudēva’, and gives him the usual
titles Chalamartigaṇḍa Mūrurāya-jagadāḷa and Rāyagajakēsari. It registers a gift
of the village Gaṅgāpuram in Muliki-nāṇḍu by the king’s subordinate Gaṇḍa-
peṇḍāra Gaṇgaya-Sāhiṇi of the Kāyastha
family and his wife Kamalādēvī, for the
worship of god Pushpēśvara-Mahādēva at Pushpagiri near Gaṅgavaram. This
gift was entrusted to a certain Īśānagurudēva who was probably a Śaivāchārya
attached to a branch of the Gōḷakī-maṭha situated in this locality. The same
officer again figures in another record from Poḍadurti (No. 269) dated in Śaka
1178, Naḷa, wherein he is stated to have renewed a grant of land made formerly
to the temple of Mūlasthānadēva at Poḍatolta.
57. The next Kākatīya record (No.321) belongs to Rudrakumāra (Pratāpa-
rudra) and is dated in Śaka 1212, Vikṛiti (A.D.1290). It comes from Malyāla
in the Kurnool district and registers the establishment of a matha at Malyāla
by Sarvēśvarayyagṁāru, who endowed it with lands which he had obtained
from Rudradēva, the son of Mahāsāmanta
Cheraku Bollaya-Reḍḍi. He entrusted
them to Mahādēva, the son of his elder brother Sadāśivayyaṁgāru. The Bālabhāgavatamu of Dōnūri Kōnērināthakavi contains a reference to Cheruku
Rāchanarēndra who was defeated by Tāta Pinnama of the Āravīṭi family (Bhārati, Vol. VI, Part I, p. 848), who was thenceforth called Cheruku-Rācha-
Nayaka-saptāṅga-haraṇa (Rāmarājīyamu of Somadēva : Sources of vijayanagara
History, P.79). Sarvēśvarayya mentioned above seems to have been an influential person in the time of the Kākatīya ruler Rudrāmbā. He is introduced with
the eulogy ‘Svasti samasta-praśasti-sahita’ etc., which is used ordinarily in
the case of chieftains. In no. 322 he is stated to have constructed the Śiva temple at Malyāla and to have consecrated the gods Sarvēśvara and Bollēśvara,
named respectively after himself and the above-noted chief Bollayya-Reḍḍi who
was the son of Cheraku Peda-Dēvaya, In Śaka 1213, Khara, he also made provision for the maintenance of lamps in the temple mentioned above (No.323).
Besides these religious institutions, he had also founded a feeding house (satra) at Alampura in Śaka 1208, which he maintained from the lands obtained from
Brahmarājamayyaldēva and other chieftains (No.320).
No. 352, is a fragmentary record belonging to Pratāparudra dated in Śaka
1214. It comes from Uṇḍavalli and seems to record some endowment made
to god Anantaśayanadēva for the merit of the king.