32. Of the twos inscriptions belonging to this family of chiefs secured at
Ēlūrpāḍu in the Bhimavarman taluk of the West Godavari district (Nos. 243
and 244), No. 243 is dated in Śaka 1057 during the governorship of Bhujabala
bhīma Kāṭama-Nāyaka who is described
as the lord of Sarasīpura in Vēṅgimaṇḍala. It records the interesting fact that he exempted the Brahmans,
the ascetics and their wives, cattle, etc., from the road tax on the bank of the
river (?) near Eṇḍapi and set up a Nandi pillar in front of the temple of Mahādēva at Yēṭikaru. The chief is indentical with the donor of the Chellūr plates
dated in Śaka 1056 (mistake for Śaka 1065 ; See Ep. Ind., Vol. VII, App. No.
574) and belonging to the reign of Kulōttuṅga-Chōḍa II, son of Vikrama-Chōḷa
(Ind. Ant., Vol. XIV, p. 56). He is stated in the present record to have conn
tructed several new villages, palatial structures and embankments in differtes-countries. The other inscription (No. 244) belongs to Kolani Kēśavamaṇḍalēśa
Kēśavamaṇḍalēśa in Śaka 1150.
and is dated in Śaka 1150, Vibhava.
This chief is the same as Kēśavadēvarāja of No. 723 of 1920, dated in Śaka 1140, which is the latest date known so
far for him, and the inscription under review extends his rule by at least 10