4. Department of Science & Technology (DST) and Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC)
model implemented in
Uttaranchal, at least one mobile diagnostic facility will be available in Nagaland.
5. The Government will introduce 150 nano-membrane filters to provide clean drinking water for rural areas. In addition, the Department of Science and Technology will also provide 33 iron removal plants in Nagaland and 15 such plants in AP.
6. Science teachers of 4 colleges will be retrained.
7. Implement 8 to 10 25-75 kilowatt power plants using gasses produced by bamboo for remote areas rural Gasification of bamboo for electricity DST/ NMBA is prepared to supply electricity to villages, or to institutions (residential schools, health sub-centres, small enterprises) by December 2006. The State Government is required to identify the areas, execute feasibility studies, and also explore commercial prospects for this plan.
8. Install 20 telemetry stations will be set up in the North East to monitor seismic activities.
9. IMD will also install 50 Automatic Weather Stations in the North East by March
2007 and of these, 13 will be in
Arunachal Pradesh (AP)
and 8 in Nagaland will be installed by December 2006.
10. The Government is also encouraging engineered goods based on bamboo to be used in housing and in the construction of public buildings such as schools, hospitals, and dispensaries linked with the Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) or other Government programs. Bamboo has the ability to withstand high velocity winds of up to 100 kilometers an hour, sub-zero temperatures up to -300 degrees centigrade, and zone V seismic loading. The Indian Army has already deployed such pre-fabricated structures in forward locations in high altitude.
11. The Central Institute of Scientific Research will also start a program to map bio-resources in the region and will start with AP.