Articles 21 through 120 of 151:
- India's Canara Bank Q4 Profit Little Changed As Provisions Rise (Yahoo! News, Correspondent or Reporter, May 03, 2007)
Canara Bank, India's number three lender, on Thursday reported a negligible increase in fourth-quarter profit after more than doubling money set aside to cover possible investment losses.
- An Ever-Soothing Paradise Isle (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, May 01, 2007)
G Brindha visits Malpe in South Canara which is ideal if you are in the mood for sun, sand and seafood.
- Every Student Will Get Loan, Says Fm (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Apr 16, 2007)
Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram, on Sunday, said that no student, who has acquired admission to a professional course but faces shortage of funds, would be denied loans from public sector banks.
- Red Hat To Make India Services Strategy Hub (Singapore Times, N SHIVAPRIYA, Apr 13, 2007)
A year and half after it bought out its Indian JV partner and set up a fully-owned subsidiary in the country, open source software leader Red Hat Inc is making India the hub for its new services strategy.
- Saving Private Banks With 50% Net (The Economic Times, Correspondent or Reporter, Apr 13, 2007)
The net interest income (NII) of private banks for the January-March quarter is seen rising 40-50% and in case of public sector banks, the increase is likely to be 15-20%, according to an earnings poll of seven brokerages.
- Headhunting Again (The Financial Express, Editorial, Financial Express, Apr 06, 2007)
How the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) finds time off the job of ‘fixing’ inflation, which it is doing in its own special manner, is a mystery.
- Rbi’S Move Makes Bank Shares Sink (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Apr 03, 2007)
Banking segment cracked under pressure from Reserve Bank’s move to limit money flow, as the sector stocks fell by 389.42 points or 6 per cent, against 4.7 per cent drop recorded by the benchmark Sensex.
- Ongc Leads Indian Firms In Forbes List (Pioneer, Correspondent or Reporter, Mar 31, 2007)
Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) leads the pack of 34 Indian companies, a chunk of them from the banking sector, which have found place on the elite Forbes' list of 2000 corporate giants across the world.
- Rs. 2,311-Crore Credit Plan For Dakshina Kannada District (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Mar 28, 2007)
Agriculture to get Rs. 608.81 cr., secondary sector to get Rs. 287.56 cr.
Outlay for priority sector is Rs. 1,611.61 crore
Rs. 700.34-crore outlay for non-priority sector
- The First War Of Independence? (Hindu, S. MUTHIAH , Mar 27, 2007)
As the Government prepares to celebrate the 150th anniversary of the "First War of Independence," a critical look at this and the various other uprisings that preceded it.
- Labour Of Love (Hindu, GIRIDHAR KHASNIS, Mar 23, 2007)
Pankajaksha's book on sculptures in Karnataka is exhaustive
- Dutch Firm To Buy 49% Stake In Canbank Mf (Business Line, Correspondent or Reporter, Mar 20, 2007)
The Netherlands-based Robeco Groep NV, part of the European banking major Rabobank Groep, will buy 49 per cent stake in Canara Bank's asset management arm. Robeco will pay Rs 115 crore to Canara Bank for its stake in Canbank Investment Management . . .
- Two Banks Join Hsbc To Float Insurance Company (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Mar 06, 2007)
Canara Bank will have a controlling stake
The JV will have exclusive access to bank customers
HSBC will manage a range of services
- Canara Bank Forays Into Life Insurance (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Mar 06, 2007)
Canara Bank, on Monday, announced its foray into insurance sector by joining hand with another nationalized bank Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC) and HSBC Insurance to jointly float a new life insurance company.
- Canara, Hsbc, Obc To Float Life Insurance Venture (Indian Express, Correspondent or Reporter, Mar 06, 2007)
Canara Bank, HSBC and Oriental Bank of Commerce have signed a memorandum of understanding to establish a new Life insurance company. Speaking on the occasion, Union finance minister, P Chidambaram said, “The three banks will bring in their special . ..
- Canara Gets Into Insurance With Hsbc, Oriental Bank (Business Line, Correspondent or Reporter, Mar 06, 2007)
Foreign partner to pay premium for branch network, customer base
- Aero India Takes To The Skies Today (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Feb 07, 2007)
Aero India – Asian subcontinent’s premier aerospace event – has in the last five editions grown in size and stature making it a not-to-be-missed calendar event for the who’s who in aviation business.
- Rbi Hikes Repo Rate By 25 Bps (New Indian Express, Correspondent or Reporter, Feb 01, 2007)
Inflation remained the key word for Reserve Bank of India’s quarterly credit policy review that was announced on Tuesday.
- Banks Return Bbmp Cheques; Garbage Contractors Upset (Hindu, Afshan Yasmeen, Jan 30, 2007)
This has affected routine cleaning work in some parts of the city
13 cheques were returned on four occasions
`There is no financial crisis but the flow of money is slow'
- Kerala To Become First `Total Banking' State (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Jan 27, 2007)
Kerala, which has many firsts in literacy, health and infant mortality, will become the first `total banking' State in the country by June 30, 2007.
- Govt’S Plan To Rollout Red Carpet To Fiis Needs To Be Pondered On (Indian Express, Sucheta Dalal, Jan 22, 2007)
The Finance Minister is planning a “big bang approach to capital market reforms” including scrapping of FII (foreign institutional investor) registration and steps to make India the preferred option for India Inc to raise funds, this paper reported . . .
- The Land Of Blues & Greens (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Jan 17, 2007)
The district of Dakshina Kannada, with its palm fringed beaches and lush green fields, is also a commercial centre. With its wide range of interesting places for both pilgrimage and pleasure, premier educational institutes, well-developed industries . ..
- A Festival Only For Kids (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Dec 14, 2006)
Eventspro Visions is organising Canara Bank Chinnara Habba Kidz-2006.
- Sensex Closes Below 13,000 (Pioneer, Correspondent or Reporter, Dec 13, 2006)
Bears on Tuesday firmed their grip further on Dalal Street and gave no chance to bulls to come into action except for a brief period in mid-morning trade, when they appeared to be running for cover.
- Sensex Tanks 400 Points (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Dec 12, 2006)
Dalal Street finally saw a big correction after a sustained bull rally that took the Sensex and other indices to dizzy heights. The benchmark Sensex fell 2.9 per cent, its sharpest drop in three months, in a broad-based sell-off on Monday that was . . .
- `Canchamp' Savings Programme Launched (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Nov 16, 2006)
School joins hands with Canara Bank for venture.
- Canbank’S New Initiatives (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Oct 14, 2006)
As Canara Bank enters its centenary year of existence, the bank released the Artisans Credit Card (ACC) to provide timely credit assistance to rural artisans.
- Lower Interest Rates On The Horizon (The Financial Express, Correspondent or Reporter, Sep 27, 2006)
India’s top bankers, state-owned and private, expect interest rates to soften or remain stable in the near future. A comfortable liquidity position, fall in global crude oil prices and appreciation of the rupee are likely to push the interest rates . . .
- Canara Bank Slaps Notice On Amisha And Family (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Sep 21, 2006)
Canara Bank has issued a legal notice to actress Amisha Patel and her family members seeking recovery of dues amounting to Rs 11.75 crore, loaned to them for financing their business firm.
- All The Bidders For A Troubled Bank (Indian Express, Sucheta Dalal, Sep 14, 2006)
Just a fortnight ago, when United Western Bank (UWB) topped the first-ever customer satisfaction survey of banks, the findings and timing of the survey seemed outlandish.
- The United (Western) Colours Of Idbi (The Financial Express, Sourav Majumdar, Sep 14, 2006)
Challenge for IDBI will be to convince its own shareholders that the decision was in their interest.
- Moratorium Is `A Pre-Emptive Action' Of The Rbi (Business Line, Editorial, Business Line, Sep 13, 2006)
Ever since September began, UWB or United Western Bank Ltd has been in the news.
- Uwb And Issues Of Bank Rescue (Business Line, Manasi Phadke, Sep 12, 2006)
An index of financial and non-financial criteria should be developed to identify banks that are capable of acquiring sick banks and resurrecting them in the larger interests of the public.
- All The Bidders For A Troubled Bank (Indian Express, Sucheta Dalal, Sep 11, 2006)
Just a fortnight ago, when United Western Bank (UWB) topped the first-ever customer satisfaction survey of banks, the findings and timing of the survey seemed outlandish.
- Offshore Banking Units In Sezs? (The Economic Times, L B Singhal , Sep 11, 2006)
Sez Act, 2005 has been enacted with the basic objectives of increasing exports, generating employment, attracting foreign and domestic investment and creation of world-class infrastructure.
- Various Banks Vie For United Western Bank (Press Trust of India, Correspondent or Reporter, Sep 05, 2006)
Four banks - ICICI Bank, Canara Bank, Federal Bank and Andhra Bank - have approached Reserve Bank to acquire the troubled United Western Bank, which was placed under moratorium on Saturday.
- Banks Queue Up To Acquire United Western (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Sep 05, 2006)
UWB keen to offer reconstruction proposal
Canara Bank submits EoI to RBI
Stanchart also shows interest.
- Four Banks In Fray For United Western (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Sep 05, 2006)
ICICI Bank, Canara Bank, Federal Bank and Andhra Bank —have approached the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to acquire the beleaguered United Western Bank (UWB), which was placed under moratorium on Saturday.
- Bulls Back, Sensex Gains 79 Pts (Pioneer, Correspondent or Reporter, Sep 02, 2006)
The Sensex opened at 11,699.57 on Friday morning and rapidly fell into the red to 11,666.01 as blue chip stocks went down on a moderate bout of selling pressure.
- Tale Of A ‘Poor’ Minister (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Sep 02, 2006)
Minister for Housing D T Jayakumar is a rich man but still is neck deep in debt. He gets a five-figure income annually and owns a site in South Bangalore, nearly a kg of gold and acres of agricultural land. But, he has not been able to repay . . .
- Andhra Bank, Icici Bank Lead In Npa Cut: Study (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Aug 17, 2006)
Improved assets quality contributed to impressive bottom-line
- Canara Bank To Set Up Call Centre At Bangalore (Tribune, Correspondent or Reporter, Aug 13, 2006)
Canara Bank will soon set up a call centre at Bangalore to facilitate customers of its 1,000 branches across the country. The call centre will have a toll-free number.
- Sbi Goes To China; `Looking At It As A Long-Term Prospect' (Business Line, PALLAVI AIYAR, Aug 13, 2006)
Launches commercial banking operations in Shanghai
"We have been told that no other foreign bank has been able to secure meetings at such a high level. It shows how seriously they have begun to take India."
- A Big Step, A Small Move (Business Standard, Editorial, Business Standard, Aug 03, 2006)
The incentive structure for public sector bank CEOs is welcome, but nowhere near enough.
- Cbi Chargesheets Jayalalithaa In `Gifts' Case (Hindu, VINAY KUMAR, Aug 01, 2006)
The allegation is that she "accepted" demand drafts, cash, jewellery worth Rs. 4.11 cr.
`Gifts' given in 1991, 92, 93
Remittance of $3 lakh also accepted
Abetment of former Ministers alleged
- Bank Staff Strike Over New Payment Service (Reuters, M.C. Govardhana Rangan, Jul 29, 2006)
Half a million workers at state-run banks stayed at home on Friday to protest against a planned electronic cheque-clearing system they fear will cost jobs, denting bond trade.
- New Vistas In Micro Finance (Business Standard, Editorial, Business Standard, Jul 27, 2006)
Finally, there seems to be a will to take a re-look at financial services for the poor. Much lobbying with the government and the RBI by those who work with financial services for the poor resulted in the government announcing on June 26 that it had . . .
- Bankers See 25 Bps Rate Hike By Rbi (Daily Excelsior, Correspondent or Reporter, Jul 22, 2006)
Bankers today said they expected Reserve Bank to hike key short-term interest rates in its quarterly monetary policy review on Tuesday as pressure on interest rate continues.
- Nasscom Plans 3 More Cyber Labs (Business Line, Correspondent or Reporter, Jul 21, 2006)
To provide training to cops investigating cyber crimes
- Canara Bank Q1 Net Up Marginally At Rs 191 Cr (Business Line, Correspondent or Reporter, Jul 21, 2006)
Canara Bank's first quarter net profit increased by 2.2 per cent to Rs 190.93 crore as against Rs 186.90 crore posted during the corresponding period of the previous year.
- South Canara Co-Op. Bank Bags Nabard Award (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Jul 04, 2006)
It has formed the largest number of self-help groups in the country
The bank has formed 20,000 self-help groups
Rs. 20 crore deposits mobilised and Rs. 42 crore lent
The bank has achieved 100 per cent farm loan recovery
- Bank Employees Strike Work, Stage Demonstration (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Jun 30, 2006)
Their demands include restoration of rate of interest for PF
- Nabard Urges Banks To Increase Term Loan To Agricultural Sector (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Jun 29, 2006)
Rs.1,876 crore disbursed as credit in Shimoga district under the credit plan for 2005-06
- Cbi Seeks Tn Speaker's Sanction To Prosecute Jayalalithaa (Daily Excelsior, Correspondent or Reporter, Jun 26, 2006)
Capping its decade-old probe into alleged gifts worth over Rs two crores received by former Tamil Nadu Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa, the CBI has sought sanction from the State Assembly Speaker to prosecute her in the case, official sources said.
- Find Ways To Open Your Doors To Poor, Farmers: Pm To Banks (Indian Express, Correspondent or Reporter, Jun 25, 2006)
After having expressed his anguish behind closed doors on the inertia in government and that adequate attention was not being paid to agriculture issues in Delhi on Friday, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today asked the banking sector . . .
- Pm For 'Financial Inclusion' Of Poor (Rediff on the Net, Correspondent or Reporter, Jun 24, 2006)
Emphasising the need to extend banking services to all sections of society, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Friday suggested that Finance Minister P Chidambaram constitute a group to promote "financial inclusion" of the poor.
- Cbi Seeks Sanction To Prosecute Jayalalithaa (Hindu, VINAY KUMAR, Jun 24, 2006)
Delay in prosecution attributed to the "complex nature" of the case
Getting replies to the Letters Rogatory sent to the U.S., the Channel Islands and Dubai and in conducting investigations abroad also caused delay
- Consolidate To Take On Foreign Banks (Press Trust of India, Correspondent or Reporter, Jun 24, 2006)
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh today asked public sector banks to explore the possiblities of consolidation to take on their bigger rivals -- foreign banks in India -- and increase their presence in overseas market.
- Govt Committed To Closing Gap In Agri Credit: Pm (Business Line, Correspondent or Reporter, Jun 24, 2006)
Calls for strengthening of microfinance institutions
- Bank Opens Unit For Housing Loans (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Jun 21, 2006)
In order to provide a hazzle-free processing of housing loan applications to its customers in Madurai district, the Canara Bank has opened a `Housing Finance Central Processing Unit' here.
- Fined Rs 5 Lakh By Sc, Karnataka Issued Cheque To Nice, It Just Bounced (Indian Express, Correspondent or Reporter, Jun 15, 2006)
At a time when even ally BJP is opposing its plans to enact a law to take over the Bangalore-Mysore expressway project, the Kumaraswamy coalition in Karnataka has landed itself in another spot: fined by the Supreme Court, the Rs 5 lakh cheque it . . .
- Rbi Slaps Rs 5-Lakh Fine On Canara Bank (Business Line, Correspondent or Reporter, Jun 13, 2006)
The Reserve Bank of India today imposed a fine of Rs 5 lakh on Canara Bank for violation of CRR and SLR norms.
- Banks Gypping Us, Cry Bhopal Victims (Tribune, RASHEED KIDWAI, Jun 13, 2006)
The survivors of the world’s worst industrial disaster are now accusing banks of tricking them out of part of their compensation money.
- Bank Stocks Down As Rbi Hikes Rates (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Jun 10, 2006)
Despite a technical rebound, banking segment stocks continued to reel under selling pressure after the Reserve Bank of India hiked the repo and reverse repo rate.
- Canara Bank Amalgamates Three Rrbs In U.P. (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Jun 03, 2006)
Three Uttar Pradesh-based regional rural banks (RRBs) sponsored by Canara Bank have been amalgamated into one bank under the name Shreyas Gramin Bank as per a government notification, a Canara Bank statement said here.
- Canara Bank Merges 3 Rrbs In Up (Business Standard, Correspondent or Reporter, Jun 03, 2006)
A new bank, Shreyas Gramin Bank with headquarters in Aligarh, has been formed by amalgamating three UP-based regional rural banks (RRBs) sponsored by Canara Bank.
- Canara Bank Targets Villages For Financial Inclusion (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Jun 01, 2006)
Canara Bank has launched an ambitious programme for 100 per cent financial inclusion in 1,400 villages spread across the country before the end of June.
- Bank Officer Attacked; Robbed Of Cash, Jewellery (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, May 30, 2006)
Armed men attacked a bank official and his mother with stones and robbed them of Rs. 20,000 and gold ornaments worth Rs. 75,000 at their house in Subramanyapura police station limits in the early hours of Monday.
- Drastic Decline In Canara Bank's Npa Level (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, May 28, 2006)
The Non-performance Asset (NPA) level of Canara Bank, Erode district, has declined drastically and steps have been taken by the authorities to reduce it more, the Assistant General Manager, Canara Bank, Erode, S.V. Krishnamoorthy, told The Hindu on . . .
- E-Delivery Of Certificates Can Be A ‘Killer App’ (The Financial Express, S SADAGOPAN, May 12, 2006)
For this, hundreds of e-governance ‘pilot’ projects need to move beyond this stage and achieve results.
- Canara Bank Increases Plr & Home Loan Rates (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, May 04, 2006)
Canara Bank, a public sector major, has revised its Benchmark Prime Lending Rate (BPLR) and also the interest rates for
- Canara Bank Raises Plr And Home Loan Rates (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, May 04, 2006)
Canara Bank has revised its benchmark prime lending rate (BPLR) by 50 basis points and also the interest rates for housing loans with effect from May 5.
- Pragathi Grameena Bank Records Profit Of Rs. 42 Cr. (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, May 03, 2006)
It was formed by amalgamating four regional rural banks
Recovery rate was 86.79 per cent during 2005-06
The bank formed 5,086 self-help groups
Plan to computerise all branches
- When Naxals Painted Another Bihar Town ‘Red’ (Deccan Herald, Abhay Kumar, Apr 30, 2006)
Jo jahan hain wo wahin rahein. No body should venture out. We do not want bloodbath as we don’t have enmity with common man. We have come here to loot the police station and bank,” announced Maoists from the different public address system at several . .
- Maoist Fear Grips Vaishali (Statesman, Correspondent or Reporter, Apr 30, 2006)
Sudden terror has gripped Bihar’s Vaishali district in the aftermath of last night’s Maoist raids at Jandaha town, barely 60 km from the state capital.
- Canara Bank's Record Profit (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Apr 25, 2006)
The bank takes up brand building exercise
Targets global business of Rs. 2,33,000 cr.
Looking for acquisitions
- Canara Bank Net Up 21 Pc At Rs 1,343 Cr (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Apr 25, 2006)
Canara Bank, on Monday, reported a robust 21.06 per cent growth in its net profit for the year ended March 31, 2005 at Rs 1,343.22 crore as against Rs 1,109.51 crore in the previous year.
- Earning Season! (Pioneer, Correspondent or Reporter, Apr 25, 2006)
Anil Ambani Group owned Reliance Capital Ltd on Monday reported a whopping 408 per cent jump in net profit for the year ended March 2006, even as it declared a 32 per cent dividend for FY'06.
- Courting Justice For 50 Years (Deccan Herald, Krishna Prasad, Apr 07, 2006)
The Karnataka High Court began in the second half of the 19th century with just three judges and 925 cases. One-and-a-half century since then, today it has 36 judges, including the Chief Justice and nearly one lakh cases in its files.
- Taxing Windfall Gains (Business Line, H. P. Ranina, Apr 01, 2006)
Any amount in the nature of a windfall and not likely to recur cannot be brought under the ambit of taxation. The only exception is where certain receipts are deemed to be income by a fiction of law. Courts have emphasised that the onus of . . .
- Rs. 1,830-Crore Credit Plan For Dakshina Kannada (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Mar 28, 2006)
Banks urged to enhance lending to priority sector
The priority sector's share is Rs 1,362.39 crores
This accounts for 74 per cent of the total credit plan
Agriculture receives an outlay of Rs. 482.81 crores
- Kannada Cultural Centre Inaugurated (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Feb 06, 2006)
Adding another feather in the cap of Kochi's multi-lingual status, Kannadigas of the city have constructed a building to host their get-togethers.
- State Bank Deposits To Fetch More (Telegraph, Correspondent or Reporter, Jan 08, 2006)
State Bank of India, the country’s largest commercial bank, today raised interest rates on its domestic term deposits by 25 to 50 basis points.
- A Slice Of Karnataka (Deccan Herald, A N Sudarsan Rao , Jan 02, 2006)
Two art and crafts exhibitions displaying the rich cultural heritage of Karnataka are on in Basavanagudi and Jayanagar.
- Centre Committed To Increasing Loan To Farmers: Chidambaram (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Dec 19, 2005)
'UPA Government has urged banks to extend loan facilities to needy people'
- Sbi Caps Syndicates Biggest Port Loan (Business Standard, Correspondent or Reporter, Dec 16, 2005)
Arranges Rs 1,170 crore for Gangavaram Port.
- Flood Fury Abates In Chennai (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Dec 07, 2005)
With Chennai experiencing warm sunshine for the second day on Tuesday and the inflow into the Adyar and Cooum rivers from Chembarampakkam and Poondi reservoirs having come down drastically, water started receding in flooded areas, . . .
- Delhi High Court Orders Winding Up Of Data Access (Business Line, J. Venkatesan, Nov 23, 2005)
THE Delhi High Court has ordered the winding up of Data Access (India) Ltd stating that it has huge liability of over Rs 530 crore to various parties and the company is not in a position to undertake its operations and carry on the business.
- All Sub-Post Offices In State To Be Computerised In Two Years (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Nov 19, 2005)
Dak Seva awards for 2004-2005 presented to postal employees
- Utilise Nabard Funds To Develop Infrastructure: Union Minister (Hindu, Correspondent or Reporter, Nov 11, 2005)
The Union Minister of State for Finance, S.S. Palanimanickam has asked the State Government to use the funds provided by the National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) to develop infrastructure.
- Psu Banks Join To Float Bharath Nirman Fund (Deccan Herald, DH news, Nov 08, 2005)
Canbank Venture Capital Fund launched its fourth venture capital fund, the Bharath Nirman Fund, here, on Monday with the signing of the Joint Memorandum by the core contributors.
- Canara Bank Awarded With Iso Certification (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Oct 27, 2005)
Prof K D Basava, a retired professor on Wednesday opined that it was due to its qualitative service to customers and hardwork of staff that has led Canara Bank, Vidyanagar Branch, Hubli to acquire the ISO certification.
- Canara Bank Q2 Net Profit Down By 20% (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Oct 25, 2005)
Canara Bank, for the second quarter ended September 30, 2005, has reported a 20 per cent dip in its net profit at Rs 306.51 crore as compared to Rs 396.79 crore for the same quarter, last year.
- Canara Bank Q2 Net Up 64 Per Cent (Indian Express, Correspondent or Reporter, Oct 25, 2005)
Canara Bank has posted a 64 percent growth in its net profit at Rs 306.51 crore for the second quarter ending September 2005 over the first quarter.
- Fort By The Sea (Hindu, PRASHANTH G.N., Oct 22, 2005)
How long will the stone hold off the water? Rocks at the splendid Bekal fort set you thinking
- ‘No Social Banks In India Today’ (Deccan Herald, Correspondent or Reporter, Oct 06, 2005)
K D Khera, advisor, AIBOC on Wednesday lamented the fact that banks in India today cannot be called “social banks”. The Constitution aims at a socialistic pattern of society and banks were nationalised to ensure that money went to the poorest of the poor,
- Inducing Consolidation By Banks (Hindu, C. R. L. Narasimhan, Sep 17, 2005)
For Indian public sector banks, an alternative to induced consolidation would be to intensify efforts at sharing some expensive overheads, such as technology investments, and presenting a united front against foreign competition.
- Icici To Auction Bad Loans (Business Standard, Correspondent or Reporter, Sep 16, 2005)
Move follows RBI's July guidelines on the purchase of bad loans by banks.
- Chidambaram Favours 4-5 Giant Psbs To Finance Big Projects (Hindu, Special Correspondent, The Financial Express, Sep 11, 2005)
The Union Finance Minister, P. Chidambaram, said that oil price increase might have an adverse impact on inflation. However, he said, it would not affect country's economic growth.
- Big Is Beautiful, Fm Tells Banks (Indian Express, ENS ECONOMIC BUREAU, Sep 11, 2005)
Finance Minister P. Chidambaram has identified seven public sector banks having assets of over Rs 50,000 crore, as the ones to take the lead in the consolidation process in the banking industry while addressing banking and media personnel at Bank of India
Next 100 Canara Bank Articles