COLLECTED DURING THE YEAR 1906-07
(Page No 378)
R. No. 497 of 1907)
Kumbhakonam Taluk, Tanjavur District
temple – in the same place
Saka 1495 : 1573-74 A.D.
is built in the middle and also incomplete.
The first and second sections together seem to register a gift of
2 veli of land by
Sevvappa-Nayakkar, son of Timmappa-Nayakkar of the Chaturtha-gotra and a
native of Nedungunram in Tondai-mandalam to the temple of Kumarasvami at
Svamimalai in Innambar-nadu Parantaka-nadu, a division of
Vikramasola-valanadu of Tiruchchirappalli-chavadi for the abhisheka
service of the god and for burning a ‘ghee-lamp’ in the temple, and
also for the maintenance of a
matha called the Velayudhachchivan-madam.
Third piece which seems to be part of another inscription is also found
close by which mentions Timmugudi in Vembattur-sirmai and gift of a
quarter (veli) of land for the
sandhi-abhisheka (of the same
god?) and for a lamp.
date of the inscription (of sevappa-Nayaka) is given as Tula, su.
Paurnamasi, Saturday, Asvati (=1573 A.D., October 10).