www.whatisindia.com

What is India news service
Tuesday, March 13, 2007


 

South Indian Inscriptions


 

QUTB SHAHI DYNASTY OF GOLKONDA 

No. 743.

(A. R. No. 549  of  1925.)

On a stone lying by the side of lthe Malkapuram

road at Kondapalli, Bezwada Taluk, Krishna  District. S.  1452.  (Khara.)

Records the gift of two villages to the south of Kondapalli for the up-keep of a choultry for the poor established by Masanadaeli  Qutb-ul-Mulk, favourite of Sultan Mahamud-Shah.

No. 744.

(A. R. No. 152  of  1913.)

On a pillar lying near the Mussalman Chavadi,

Malkapuram, Guntur Taluk, Guntur District. S.  1452.

An exact copy of the above inscription, No.743.

No. 745.

(A. R. No. 547  of  1925.)

On a stone set up near a Erukula House at

Kondapalli, Bezwada Taluk, Krishna District. S.  14[5]2 (Vikriti)

Records that Masanadaeli Qutb-ul-Mulk remitted the anddisanta-sunkam in the Kondapalli-sima.

No. 746.

(A. R. No. 379  of  1915.)

On a broken pillar in front of the temple of Chennakesavasvami at Kolalapudi, Narasaraopeta Taluk, Guntur District. S.  1487  (Akshaya).

Records that Kollapundi Singaraju consecrated the central shrine and antarala of Adi-Kesava, a Garuda-pillar and the temple of Nilakanthesvara.

No. 747.

(A. R. No. 534  of  1913.)

On a pillar lying in front of the temple of

 Gopalasvami at Ipuru, Vinukonda Taluk, same District. S.  1496 (Srimukha)

Records the grant of a piece of land by Ravuri Chennappa,  son of Timma-Nayudu to Tirumala Narasingaya for the purpose of utilizing the proceeds of the land for the dasami services in the temple of Alladanatha of puru.

No. 748.

(A. R. No. 93  of  1917.)

On a stone set up near the Karanamís house at

Malkapuram, Guntur Taluk, same District. S. 1499.  (Dhatu)

Records the extent of land in each of the 19 villages included in the Ravipundi-sthalam as measured by the standard  rope of thirty-eight cubits, the measurement having been made by the villagers themselves, by mutual agreement, under the orders of brahim Shah.  It further states that, on the gudikat so arrived at, the Kapus should pay full assessment, Muhammadans half the assessment and Brahhmins no assessment.  Brahmins  and Muhammadans are exempt from the grazing tax.

No. 749.

(A. R. No. 750  of  1920.)

On a Nandi-pillar in front of the temple of lSomesvara,

Juttiga, Tanuku Taluk, West Godavari District. S. 1505. (Svabhanu)

Records that, under the orders of king Muhammand Quli Padshah, son of Ibrahim Shah, Sattiraju Somarajuís son peddiraju and his son Somesvara consecrated certain temples etc.,

No. 750.

(A. R. No. 187  of  1913.)

On a rock near a hill at Bodagulo, on the Boyrani-

Kallikota Road, Ganjam  District. S.  1512.  (Virodhi)

Seems to record that, while Muhammad Quli Qutb Nizam Padsah was ruling, Singabhupala of the family of Bahubalendra Chandra, who laws ruling the Utkala country constructed a tank called Singasagara to the west of Langalaveni, to the west of Asika-Langalaveni (road?)

No. 751.

(A. R. No. 541  of  1909.)

On a  slab near the  Durga temple on the hill,

Aminabad, Sattenapalli Taluk, Guntur District. S.  1514. (Nandana)

Records that, during the reign of  Muhammad Quli Padshah,  certain persons rebelled against the king and that his general Malka Ami[n] suppressed the rebellion and restored order.

No. 752.

(A. R. No. 649  of  1920.)

On a broken stone lying in the temple of

 sangamesvara, Jagarlamudi, Tenali Taluk, same District. S. 1520.

Records the grant of some land to a certain temple  in the reign of Muhammad Quli Qutb Shah.

No. 753.

(A. R. No. 841  of  1922.)

On a slab planted opposite to the temple of Sitaramasvami,

Dharmavaram, Ongole Taluk, same District. S.  1522.  (Sarvari)

Records the terms of the revenue settlement of the village of Eklaskhanapuram near Dharmavaram in the Addamki-sima, founded by Eklaskhan, the trusted general of Muhammad Padshah,  son of Ibrahim Padshah of Golkonda.  Eklaskhan was then governor of the Kondavidu and Addanki Districts.

No. 754.

(A. R. No. 650  of  1920.)

On a broken stone lying in the temple of Sangamesvara,

Jagarlamudi, Tenali Taluk, same District. S.  1524 (?) (Subhakrit)

Records  the planting of a mango tope in the village of Chamarlamundi in Mrittijanagara-sima during  the reign of Muhammad Quli Padshah.

No. 755.

(A. R. No. 373  of  1905.)

On a round pillar in the asthana-mandapa of the temple of

Lakshminarasimha, Simhachalam, Vizagapatam Taluk, Vizagapatam District. S.  1526.  (Krodhi)

Records the grant of the village of Narava with all its belongings to the temple of god Nrisimha at Simhadri, by Sarvappa Asvaraya, son of Kamalaya of Vipparla-gotra and Padmanayaka-kula.  Asvaraya is stated to have subdued the country consisting of Koppulavani-kottam, Viragottam and Yarajerla and repelled Mukunda Bahubalindra under the orders of Muhammad Quli Qutb Padshah.

No. 756.

(A. R. No. 579  of  1909.)

On a pillar in the mandapa in front of the temple of

Chennakesavasvami at Macherla, Palnad Taluk, Guntur District. S.  1541. (Siddharthi)

Records gift of land for the upkeep of a perpetual lamp in the temple of Chennakesava of Mahadevicherla by a person of the Visvakarma-kula.

No. 757.

(A. R. No. 375  of  1920.)

On a stone in front of the temple of Anjaneyasvami,

Anumpalli, Gooty Taluk, Anantapur District. S.  [1572.]

Records  the scale of money payments agreed to be paid by the merchants and other people of Anuppalli, to the temple of Gopalasvami and Hanumantaraya and to their priests.  The village is stated to be situated in Jagadapi-Gutti-sima.

No. 758.

(A. R. No. 323  of  1922.)

On a rock on the bank of the stream of the west of

Devulacheruvu, Madanapalle Taluk, Chittoor District. S.  1580.  (Ananda)

Records the measurement of certain land in Devulachervu about which there was a dispute.  At this time, Ajarati was governing Golkonda, Chandragiri, Ghandikota etc.  provinces after Ramadevarayaís  rule at Anegondi.

No. 759.

(A. R. No. 128  of  1917.)

On a  pillar lying in a donka to the south of

POedaparimi, Guntur Taluk, Guntur District. S.  1585.  (Krodhi)

Records  the settlement of a land dispute between the people of Tamdikonda, on the  one hand and those of Parimi, on the other.

No. 760.

(A. R. No. 648  of  1920.)

On a  rough black stone lying in a street at

 Ipuru, Tenali Taluk, same District. S. 1590 (?) (Kilaka)

Records the construction of a well by Aga Sirama-Sahebulagaru.

No. 761.

(A. R. No. 161  of  1913.)

On a slab lying in the Gokulamma-cheruvu in Kudaravalli,

Gudivada Taluk, Krishna District. S.  1591 (?) (Saumya)

Seems to record that Abdul  Husain had a tank  constructed at [Dudapalli].

No. 762.

(A. R. No. 403  of  1905.)

On a slab in front o the  Masjid at Kaverippakkam,

Arkonam Taluk, North Arcot District. S. 1591. (Kilaka)

Records the construction of a mosque at Kaveripaka.

No. 763.

(A. R. No. 350  of  1909.)

On a slab near the temple tank at Kuvam,

Tiruvallore Taluk, Chinglepout District. S. 1[5]9[2]. (Virodhikrit)

Records that Pemmasani Kumara Timmanayanivaru planted a plantain tope on the tank bund in Kuvvam which was under his government and dedicated it to Tervikkolesvarasvami, in the reign of Qutb Shah of Golkonda.

No. 764.

(A. R. No. 790  of  1917.)

On a slab near the Isvara temple, at Chagaleru,

Hindupur Taluk, Anantapur District. S. 1599.  (Pingala)

Incomplete and unintelligible.

No. 765.

(A. R. No. 359  of  1915.)

On a slab set up near the tank at Muktesvaram,

Narasaraopeta  Taluk, Guntur District. S. 1600. (Kalayukti)

Records that Teju Khan Khavandudar had sluices constructed to a tank.

No. 766.

(A. R. No. 582  of  1912.)

On the east wall left of the entrance into the temple of Siva at

Old Lepakshi, Hindupur Taluk, Anantapur District. S.  1600 (1602 ?).  (Raudri)

Records the gift of land to the temple of Santa-Nanjundesvara at Lepakshi by the Reddi and Karanam of the Old Lepakshi-sthalam during the reign of Sultan Abdul Hasan.

No. 767.

(A. R. No. 681  of  1920.)

On a stone lying at the threshold of the temple of

Yoganarasimha, Yedlapalli, Tenali Taluk, Guntur District. S. 1602.  (Raudri)

Records the settlement and demarcation of the boundary between Yedlapalli and Penugudurapadu made by Manikyaravu under the orders of the king.

No. 768.

(A. R. No. 34  of  1912.)

On stones built into a well in front of the temple of

Matangesvara at Satyavedu, Ponneri Taluk, Chingelput District. S.  1608.  (Kshaya)

Seems to record the construction of a well to the south of the village Satyapuri in the kingdom of Abdul Hasan of Golkonda by Peta Krishna-Bhupa.

No. 769.

(A. R. No. 299  of  1922.)

On a big boulder to the north of Sanicheruvu in

Kondamarripalle, Madanapalle Taluk, Chittoor District. S. 1613. (Prajotpatti)

Records the grant of the  dasavandha  rights under the tank Sanicheruvu to the  Brahmans, kapus and merchants who repaired it.

No. 770.

(A. R. No. 494  of  1906.)

On a slab near Govinda Raoís house in Pulivendla,

Pullivendla Taluk, Cuddapah District. S.  1613.  (prajotpatti)

Records the terms offered by the order of Muhammad Jafar to induce merchants from other places to come and settle down in Pulvimddula which had been deserted.

No. 771.

(A. R. No. 303  of  1922.)

On a huge rock  to the east of the Isukanutipalli tank,

Basinikonda, Madanapalle Taluk, Chittoor District. S.  1614.  (Prajotpatti)

Registers the terms offered to certain persons for repairing the irrigation tank at Basvinakonda which had breached.

Home Page


Archives | Links | Search
About Us | Feedback | Guestbook

© 2007 Copyright What Is India Publishers (P) Ltd. All Rights Reserved.