The Indian Analyst
 

South Indian Inscriptions

 

 

Contents

Introduction

Text of the Inscriptions 

Rajendra Chola

Kulottunga

Other South-Indian Inscriptions 

Volume 1

Volume 2

Volume 3

Vol. 4 - 8

Volume 9

Volume 10

Volume 11

Volume 12

Volume 13

Volume 14

Volume 15

Volume 16

Volume 17

Volume 18

Volume 19

Volume 20

Volume 22      
Part 1

Volume 22    
Part 2

Volume 23

Volume 24

Volume 26

Tanjavur

Tiruvarur

Konerirajapuram

Darasuram       

Epigraphica Indica

Annual Reports 1935-1944

Annual Reports 1945- 1947         

Early Gupta Inscriptions

Kalachuri-Chedi Era Part 1

Kalachuri-Chedi Era Part 2               

Corpus Inscriptionum Indicarum Volume 2, Part 2

Corpus Inscriptionum Indicarum Volume 7, Part 3                 

Epigraphia Indica Volume 3                      

Epigraphia Indica Volume 4

Epigraphia Indica Volume 6                            

Epigraphia Indica Volume 7

Epigraphia Indica Volume 8                            

Epigraphia Indica Volume 27

Epigraphia Indica Volume 29               

Epigraphia Indica Volume 30

Epigraphia Indica Volume 31                    

Epigraphia Indica Volume 32

Paramaras Volume 7, Part 2                    

Śilāhāras Volume 6, Part 2

Vākāṭakas Volume 5                    

Archaeological Links

Archaeological-Survey of India

Pudukkottai

Darasuram Temple

Rajendra chola

No. 143 (Page No 113)

(A. R. No. 143 of 1907)

Puvalaikkudi, Tirumayam Taluk, Tiruchirappalli District

Rock-cut cave— at the same entrance, left side

Rajadhiraja I: year 27: 1044-45 A.D.   

This inscription begins with introduction Tingalertaru etc. The king is also known from several inscriptions as Vijaya-Rajendradeva and claims to have destroyed the city of Kalyanapura and performed the anointment of heroes under that name. An image of Dvarapalaka found set up in the Airavatesvara temple at Darasuram (Tanjore district) bears an inscription to the effect that it was brought by Vijayarajendra after the conquest of Kalyanapuram (An. Rept. 1908, Part II, para 56.   

The present record registers a gift of 25 cows for burning a perpetual lamp with ghee in the temple of Mahadeva at Puvalaikkudio in Kudalur-nadu a division of Kana-nadu in Keralantaka-valanadu, by a resident of the place by name IIamagan Attani Navarkudaiyan alias Jayankondasolap-peraiyan for the merit of his younger sister Ariyanangai. The donor seems to have been a member of a merchant guild known as Disai-Ayirattu-Nanadesi.

Home Page